Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Father’s Day

I am fortunate to have three special Dad’s in my life right now…… my dad, my father-in-law, and last, but not least, my wonderful husband……

Father's Day

What Makes a Dad

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so,
He called it ... Dad
~~Author Unknown.~~

[Note: picture above is from Stonehenge, England. Yes, I selected it on purpose for this special day….. for my Dad. ]

Happy Father’s Day!

Technorati Tags:

16 comments:

  1. Aw neat poem. I hope you have a nice Fathers Day!

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan. This is a nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem Susan! ☺♥☺ Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEAR SUSAN
    HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO THE MEN IN YOUR LIFE ALSO.
    BEAUTIFUL POEM
    HAVE A BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, is your father from England? The poem is really nice, hope you have a great weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful poem - I, too, am fortunate to have wonderful fathers in my life - who all mean the world to me -- my dad - my dad-in-law, my husband, and my son and son-in-law -- all wonderful dads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great poem. Thanks for sharing it.

    I hope that you get to enjoy tomorrow with all those you love and who love you!

    Enjoy!!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Susan! Have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that poem, Susan! Happy Father's Day to you and the great men in your life. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet post. I love it!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did a tribute to my Dad too Susan...
    Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Rainey

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet post and a lovely poem. Our Father's Day is low key this year because everyone is sick. We'll celebrate later.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely poem. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful tribute and poem! L~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Fathers's day poem and tribute...I miss my own father. So I pour love out to my wonderful Father in Law!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!